Current but no Spark

I just replaced my ignition coil because i thought it was the problem but same thing is going on. I can feel a current when i put my fingers on the plug clip and when i connect the black wire coming from the magneto to the head it sparks but its not creating sparks with a (new)sparkplug.

is this a timing, points or magneto issue or something? never opened that part of the motor up this has never happened hope its easy to fix.

Re: Current but no Spark

♣Slew Foot♣ /

you should state year make model, if you need help. some bikes have quirks that have been well established.

Magneto-Wires-Chart1-591x800.jpg
Wiring-of-Ignition-Ext-Int-Ground-600x658.jpg

its a tomosa3... and i know how to connect the black wire coming from the magneto to the coil lol. ive had a moped for a while this just has never happened to me... its weird cuz i got shocked by the coil but it doesnt spark

♣Slew Foot♣ /

tail light circuit impaired?

the tailbulb and brake sensor has to work on them to spark.

alright no brake sensor on my bike. I noticed the metal magnetic plates that go by eachother were a little rusty. I cleaned the rust off them and it still wouldnt start.

I walked it 6 miles downtown to where I thought my friend was working as a mechanic but turned out to be an asian women working a scooter shop with no mechanic. no speaka da eenglish

I was bummed walking it back home, but on the way back I tried to start it up and it worked.

dont know how it started running just happy it did.

Points? feel not see spark = condenser

or

resistor cap and resistor plug

or

gap WAY too wide on the plug

or

bad common

or

primary terminals mixed on 3 connector spark coil

You have an a35 engine by the looks of it... so there are no points to worry about and timing should be correct.

To check spark... take the spark plug out of the engine... keep it in the ignition boot. Touch the plug tip to the cylinder/head and back pedal. Do you see spark?

its running now, i think the rusty stator plate magnets affected the spark. need to get a gasket for the case so water cant get in there. I dont know how to check the condensor yet flywheel puller on my to buy list.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account