Dear mother of god..this alkdajfkfjf motor!!

Lukas McWhorter /

For the love of god can someone please help me make this god damn thing run right? It runs great on flat ground but has no torque. All new gaskets, hi compression head, treats cylinder and piston, 14mm intake and 52 jet.

It fucking ran great until the stator plate screws fell out and kicked it completely out of time. I don't have a timing light and after spending the entire day playing with the timing I KNOW I'm close.

This motor is a fucking slut.

Re: Dear mother of god..this alkdajfkfjf motor!!

Lukas McWhorter /

It used to haul up hills like a champ, and pull right up to 35 with no trouble.

If I can't make this piece of fucking shit run, I'm just going to throw this engine in the garbage and swap an actual not bitch motor in.

More than likely...this wonderful invention called the 4 stroke motor that actually has torque, power, and reliability in the first place. (edited)

Probably Fred /

Run at full retard and 14 thou Point gap until you can time with a light

Ya you got other issues too Like jetting problems

Lukas McWhorter /

I put a 68 jet in and it still ran like dogshit.

Lukas McWhorter /

I think I'm just going to empty a few magazines of 5.56 into this fucking thing while its on fire.

After all the money and time I have spent on this piece of garbage I think thats the appropriate thing to do at this point.

wow. if you do that please take a video of it.

Lukas McWhorter /

I'm just so pissed off and out of ideas at this point. I have spent an ENTIRE day trying to get this thing running right.

And what is full retarded timing?

I went full clockwise on the stator and it ran like shit.

Full counterlockwise at a .015 gap and it runs great, it just won't pull up a hill for shit.

You obviously need a lifan. The ONLY ture fix for not being able to fix your moped...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

use this as a guide line,

reset your TDC mark and visually set the firing zone to match the kits port events. figure out the ibis, it normally is like 18 - twenty degrees before TDC, make the firing range marks on the flywheel for easy reference.

case matched? ported?

God's mothe doesn't answer prayers .. God Does

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Ask in the name of God's mother's son Jesus.

Probably Fred /

Wrong flywheel or flywheel is not on woodruff key/slot

Probably Fred /

Oh piston upside down maybe ?

Lukas McWhorter /

Ok so update, I got the motor running great. Changed the jet to a 68 and tuned the timing by ear until it would pull evenly across the powerband. Things were going great, until I hit a huge bump I couldn't see in the dark and I killed the engine. I'm about to take a look at things but I suspect I just knocked the points out of whack (I sure hope)

Piston was installed with arrow pointing down towards the exhaust.

I finally have a degree wheel to use on the motor so I can be a little more systematic and precise with timing.

The way I have been doing things is clocking the stator, and making marks one at a time at advance all the way to retard by just making a mark at the exact moment I see the point break circuit.

Ken: Thanks, you have been a tremdendous help to me. Just so I am sure, turning the stator clockwise retards and counterclockwise advances timing right?

I'm learning tons about timing, engines, and tuning in general and as a total newb I have really appreciated everyones help so far.

Probably Fred /

Seeing the points open is wrong, it's soo far off compared to using a timing light.

You do not need a degree wheel the flywheel is 360 mm and 360 degrees .

Timing cannot jump. your points maybe are loose, flywheel loose, switch loose.

Something loose.

You cannot time a puch by ear it's not a small block Chevy.

You got to time about 16-17 degrees before top dead center which is 16-17 mm on the flywheel. You are doing it wrong.

A aluminum cylinder kit will run great at full advance but it gets hot and boom seize it needs a little less then 17 degrees timing.

To find top dead center use a long reach plug or piston stop. Put in the plug hole just enough for the piston to hit when you turn the flywheel. When it hits put a mark on the flywheel and case. Then turn the flywheel the other way until it hits then transfer the mark from the flywheel to the case.

You will have 2 marks on the case and one on the flywheel.

Measure and find the middle of the two case marks and mark it. Erase/ remove the outer marker marks with alcohol. If you put the long plug or stop in just right the marks won't be as far apart so it will be easy to measure.

The flywheel mark when lined up to the middle case mark IS TOP DEAD CENTER.

Now put a mark 17 mm before ( to the left e50, right za50) the middle case mark. When the mark on the flywheel lines up to the 17 mm mark on the case

Under a timing light you are at 17 DEGREES BEFORE TOP DEAD CENTER. No other way is accurate period.

Now you must set points before you run engine to see timing .

E50 spec is 16-18 thousand gap when points are open.

Now here is the flaw with puch point ignition if you gap them at 16-18 thou gap

then even at full retard your at about 20-21 degrees or mm on the flywheel under a timing light which is too high for a kit and you will be taking a chance of boom seizing your engine.

You need to take the stator out and dremel the slots so you can move it more retard or shrink the point gap like 12 thousand which makes you lose kv and dwell.

So in a nut shell stock timing is not good can and will blow aftermarket kits because of heat.

A 40 buck head temp gauge can save you grief cause you can see head temps.

400 degrees is the danger area.

You got issues if your kit don't run and run cool enough with 16-17 degrees timing

can someone just fucking wiki what Ken wrote? I feel like he has to type that out on every god damn thread he posts on that in any way involves puch timing and a kit. I feel like we'd be doing him a favor if we could just link the poor souls to Ken's timing guide.

Lukas McWhorter /

Thanks guys, but I figured out why it won't run.

The crankcase screws were loose and fell out when I hit the bump and Im sure all kinds of shit is fucked up now.

I'm just going to rebuild the motor.

Whatever asshole put this motor together just deserves to be strangled. I paid money for a POS bike with a fucked over rebuild. Thanks whoever you are...thanks a lot.

I've got the stock piston and cylinder and I'm probably just going to kind of Frankenstein things together as far as that goes.

Yes, I should probably use a timing light but none of what you said makes any sense at all to me.

I fully understand the concept, but I need someone to show me. I have watched youtube videos and everything and the shit makes no sense.

I just stuck a stick in the plug hole and when the stick was as high as it was gonna go I marked that as TDC.

I WOULD use a timing light, and I WOULD make it run perfect but I don't know anyone here in Richmond with a moped that knows how to work on one, and for that matter I don't really know anyone anyway.

So I'm kinda fucked, and I'll just keep dicking around with the motor until it runs. (edited)

Lukas McWhorter /

It hasn't seized up yet, and when it does I'll dump some Marvel mystery oil in the cylinder and break out the impact wrench.

If only this motor had valves and distributor...

Seriously now....what motor can I swap into this bike that is a four stroke? (edited)

Probably Fred /

Thanks Ryan I wish someone could wiki it it's hard to do it with a iphone

'Run at full retard and 14 thou Point'.....

You're going to charge at a 'retard' with a 14 point what!?!

Ken, help the guy, don't get him arrested.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account