tink rattling sound? from what? Pacer. Morini mo1

I have a recently restored Pacer SS with a Mo1 Morini Franco Motori engine. The engine only has around 265 miles on in in which i have been breaking-in myself (not driving over 15 mph until 300 miles)

This runs like a top, starts on first kicks, no issues however just recently i started hearing this rattling tink, tink, tink, tinnie sound and i don;t know from what. I haven;t looked too hard to see if it;s some kind of external issue like a loose cable or something. it sounds as if it;s comign from under the tank? it all started since i put teflon tape on the petcock and added an inline fuel filter. Does this sound like any kind of common problem [to you experts out there] ??? Thanks!

Re: tink rattling sound? from what? Pacer. Morini mo1

bump just this once.

Hey Lou, it sounds like you need a new tank. LOL

Haha good one. I actually do have a new tank i just haven;t used it yet but the tank that's on their is pretty close to new too. i dunno, i need to look closer at it.

Curious, is the decals on your tank raised or flat like a piano finish?

i have a 1980 pace heavily modified. have been in the moped game for a year now but i think what you might have is pre ignition, when the spark plug fires early. it makes a pinging sound in the cylinder, if you bike revs it will sometimes ping al low rpm............................................. but if it is stock just retard you timing a little. do confirm what i have just told you before you do it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account