Can the odometer on a puch speedo be reset??

Without destroying it? Or is it a one way only sort of deal? No, i am not trying to pull a fast one on anyone. Total miles really means little to me as i've replaced just about all you can. But if i could rig up a slick little reset knob/button it would be nice. OR for a chunk of change buy a trail tech vapor and leave it alone.......too much $$$. Nice yes, but not into it enough yet to buy it. Hmmm......

Re: Can the odometer on a puch speedo be reset??

Overpriced Parts /

It's not legal but on a old moped who cares I guess

You kinda got to cut/pry it open like a can and take it all apart ( little spot welds and all) then crimp it back perfecto .

Do it and post your results

Michael Thomas /

It can but it's a beyotch

So it can be done......somehow i thought as much. I've got a 2hp so it reads to 40 mph. AND works. So i'm in no big hurry to kill it. I'll get another junk one and try my methods on that first. It seems like if i make a clean cut all around the top of the can i can get it open without killing anything. Maybe...

Lots of cleaning after - lots. Metal dust and speedos i do not think they like each other very much. Clockwork.

Thanks Ken :-) Lots of thunder storms in my area right now- gardner Ma. time to pull plugs..........

♣Slew Foot♣ /

put it on a dremel for 100,000 miles

Overpriced Parts /

2 hp don't meant they come with 40 mph speedos. Many 2 hp maxis have 30 mph speedos and most magnums are 2hp and none come with 40 mph speedos

It's the more expensive Models that come with 40 mph speedos like maxiluxe

Yeah chucking the speedo cable into a drill or dremel will work. You can run that speedo in reverse too. I've done it before on a bike that I rebuilt and kitted and put a different speedometer on.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account