No Spark!!!!!

Roger Malmedal /

I got no spark on my Peugeot bike. Changed to new Treatland integral coil (the one with spark cable out,and a white wire to poins) new condenser, and still no spark! Filed and checked points, ok.

When using a multimeter to check points without any wire connected, it function ok. When connecting coil white wire, no breaking when points open at multimeter. Alike when connecting the condenser....

Coil bad? Condenser bad? tried testing and coil give approx. 550 ohm, condenser starts high, go lower on resistance,and keep low.

Somebody got an idea? Tried disconnecting the condenser, no spark at plug, no sparks at points....

Re: No Spark!!!!!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

you got a grounded brake circuit maybe?

to test the HT, a 6v battery grounded negitive to bike frame and when you tap the magneto in terminal, you should get spark.

to test the condesor, you can just run an inline one at the HT signal in terminal. if it sparks remove and replace old one.

call up the specs on the flywheel clearances, if the gap between the flywheel varries and dips below spec, it will ground out your iggy by arcing.

check the wiring inside flywheel, odds are something pinched or is grounding against a coil.

Magneto-Wires-Chart1-591x800.jpg
Wiring-of-Ignition-Ext-Int-Ground-600x658.jpg

Roger Malmedal /

No brake circuit, does i really need it to run?... new Treatland internal coil with sparkplug wire, with white wire to points, new condenser with wire to points. No pinching/grounding. But when coil is connected with white wire, condenser/wires get grounded. Seems like coil/condenser get grounded....and trying to open/shut the points dont change reading on a multimeter. No cable/wire is grounded/pinched. Getting some higher voltage when cranking and hold on the plug cable...

Roger Malmedal /

I got only one wire going out from the light"coil" grey, one white to external condenser (redid to make it easier to switch it, and for testing out) from points...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

according to the chart i gave you. yes on both flywheels the brake circuit needs to fuction or be bypassed propperly to get spark. you see the extended shaded areas denote need to function to run. N.O. stands for normally open

Roger Malmedal /

OK. How to bypass then? My internal ignition coil got just one white wire, and every bypasses i´ve seen , is done with 2 wires of the coil.

Does the light coil need to be connected to condenser, or likewise, etc.? now its got a grey wire out of the flywheelhousing, and grounded by housing.

Or i just connect a brakelight/bulb by using ground of the magneto housing? The ignition coil get grounded by the fastners(screw), not by an wire..

tried testing and coil give approx. 550 ohm, condenser starts high, go lower on resistance,and keep low.

550 ohms sounds high for an internal HT coil, should be a few ohms only.

the condensor, when ohmed, should start low ohms, then quickly climb to open.

"But when coil is connected with white wire, condenser/wires get grounded"

you do know the lug where the white wire connects has insulating washers to keep it from being grounded by the points frame?

i'll let ♣J.r. Bobdobbs♣ explain n,w,t1,t2,i,b,i

as i have no idea what that means.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

basicly there should be a brake coil out or it is inducted off the ignition coil, i have never worked on a pug, but hey there's a lot of time left i may get one one day.

the insulators should isolate the black wire from the other two the black being the ground that cuts power to the coil collapsing the magnetic feild then forcing the electrons down the winding in the ht coil from thick and loose to tiny and tight then out to the spark plug in a forceful stream.

the condensor gets hooked into the circuit by the points or on the ht signal in, depending if it was replaced or not, the post that the points are affixed to should be isolated too from the breaker arm there should be nothing able to arc to the coil or points connection

Έλληνες για μένα !!!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

glen, you are exclaiming in cyrillic again....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account