US sources for Mobylette AV 88 parts?

Julian Howard /

Greetings, all. Four years after buying my '64 Mobylette and letting it sit in the back of my garage until now, I'm taking it to an independent motorcycle guru to get it back in running condition. Can anyone recommend some US sources for parts? A couple years ago I got a missing chain guard from Ebay France, but the shipping costs were killer. Thanks.

Re: US sources for Mobylette AV 88 parts?

Put an ad on Buy/Sell and do a lot of hoping that someone is parting out a AV88. What other parts are you sourcing for the bike? Best plan is to build a shopping list and post it and see who has what, then go to Europe for the parts you can not locate in the US.

There aren't really any good sources of parts in the US. It's a pretty old bike after all. Treatland and 1977 mopeds have a few small things, as well as plenty of universal stuff that will fit (tires, tubes, cables, etc). You can find used parts on ebay or the buy/sell from time to time.

i would think a lot of parts would be interchangeable from other models.

besides a few cosmetics and the cyl. head badge?

Lots of parts are interchangeable as being the same... or as upgrades as they improved things over the years like the later carters that had the oil galleries for the main bearings.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account