Maxi acceleration is terrible

roan hartzog /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey there, so I've been doing a little work on a 78 maxi luxe with terrible low end acceleration but a good top speed. It had an old tecno boss pipe that was on its last leg, so I got a tecno circuit pipe to replace it. When I checked the jet it was 70 s I tried 76, but it didn't help. I went down to 74 and I still don't think it's helping much. I can literally sit still at full throttle before the thing starts moving forward and if it's trying to start from 0 up a hill I have to pedal the thing like crazy until it hits 15 then it is ok on it's own. Also, the idle jet needs to be pretty far in for it not to die at idle, and it also seems to want to die unless I take the air box off. I have a 14 bing carb. What's going on with this thing?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account