tomos A3 help!!!! trans giving me a headache

Kevin Centers /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well it started last summer on my girlfriends tomos A3 when she brought it home. The first thing I did was check the trans fluid and it was bone dry, I took the case off to re-do the gasket and for some reason I think I took all the gears and the clutch out. I must have put a shim in the wrong place because the pedals stopped working and the engine would hop out of gear and free rev when it wanted to. I took it apart a few days ago, moved some shims, but idk if i did something with the clutch because now the pedals work, but the engine stalls when the tire stops spinning like the clutch isnt freewheeling when it should be. I looked at the manual in the wiki but it was a bit broad to know if i have the spacers and everything right. If anyone has good information on the trans let me know, its a two speed and its 1976ish. If anyone has any good pictures on how its supposed to go back together that would help to. GIVE ME ALL YA GOT so I can figure it out.

Thanks MA for your help

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account