Puch...How Does This E50 Part Go On? Photo Included!

Zachary Michael /

Below are four pictures of possible ways the E50 Clutch lever arm/shaft thing can be oriented when not engaged. Which is the right way though? Is it flat side in toward the clutch or round side toward the clutch? Or is it flat side to the left or right? I'm so confused.

Re: Puch...How Does This E50 Part Go On? Photo Included!

U got this bro its a clutch cover the ARM swings clockwise hold it ther,e tighten, then releae

last photo

Zachary Michael /

Okay cool. I'll try last photo stylie. I wasn't sure since without the return spring in place, it can go in any which way.

The flat face of the actuator (pictured) should face directly toward the knarp slot in the clutch arm.

Zachary Michael /

Okay so that would be somewhere between picture 1 and picture 4 then, correct?

Dude im telling you. Picture 4

Zachary Michael /

Okay so Jakeis saying picture two if I'm interpreting him correctly, but Eric is saying the last photo except in that the clutch cover won't sit flush against the case when I try to install it that way. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Push it a little bit.you have to have the arm attached and hold it back to put the cover on

Zachary Michael /

Rachid, the clutch arm isn't keyed to the clutch shaft so I don't know what angle the shaft is supposed to be when I attach the cover and clutch pull arm. One reply said flat part facing the clutch (picture four) the other reply said what I think to be picture 2 (flat side facing the direction of where the knarp slot will be when the clutch arm is slid on. So I don't really know, but would like a consensus so I dont have to fill and drain fluid a million times to figure it out.

Why'd you take it off? Photo #4 IS what Jake said.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/laxfan25/Clutchlever.jpg

Zachary Michael /

I never had it on to begin with. Building this thing from scraps. It's why I have no prior reference point.

Zachary Michael /

Ok so picture 4. I'll give that a try.

Yep, should look like #4 when the clutch arm is pulled to the position Owen posted a picture of.

It just wants to rotate toward the #1 position when you let go of it.

Zachary Michael /

Okay I will try to install the lever onto the arm with this info in mind. Thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account