Re: Need help with 1970 Motobecane Mobylette

If you have a grease gun there is a grease nipple on the pulley. Could try that and see if the pedals free up

Grease the pulley. There's a nipple on the end of the pedals.

my grand father has / maybe had... a grease gun the grease would be very old, would that matter? does grease age badly? but yeah I'll give jordan's idea the first try cause it's most simple if that don't work then I'll remove the belt and do rebel moby's idea. Thanks!

Sorry didn't mean to post twice damn iPhone. Well rebels suggestion was the same. To see if the engine or something else is causing your pedal resistance. This probably won't cause your bike to work as it Seems like a usual moby and they always have troubles. But just read up on the wiki and mabacane website. Just about everything has been covered once before. Between that and rebel how I got mine running recently

Haha I had it running today! it drove me down the street at full speed for 15 seconds. the fuel line and carb are not hooked up and i just had a tiny bit of gas in the engine but that was enough to make it run full speed for 15 seconds. Rick came over and helped me few days ago, and went though everything with me and did the timing on the engine for me and was a huge help. today I was trying to figure out why my drive pulley started to grinding against something, long story short I fixed it and I was riding the bike down he street with the engine engaged to make sure it stopped. and the engine started to sound like it may of been capable of starting so i pulled the choke a little and she started and drove me down the street for a total of 15 seconds before it cut out when I assume it ran out of gas inside the engine. man that was fun! and unexpected.

right now where I stand I need to replace the clutch drum cause mine only has one clutch pad left on it. need a new fuel petcock ordered one from treatland as well as my own clutch puller. going to clean the carb, and also need a choke slide I think it was? rick said he may have a spare.

need to adjust the cables on the throttle still trying to figure out how to go about doing that?

and yeah as soon as the fuel petcock get's here and I clean and reassemble everything and find a new clutch drum with good pad's i should be good to go! thank you to everyone who has helped me!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account