Damn bravo wiring

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ Joel Bruecker ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ /

So i finally got my vespa bravo magneto wired right, i gapped the point to .018in. (.45mm) and it wont start. Before taking everything apart it started just fine so i think the ppint, condenser, and plug are good but could they go bad just by sitting around for a month. What else could i try to get the damn thing started.

Re: Damn bravo wiring

Now that i think of it the wiring may be a little screwed up cuz the light wont come on wh en i pedal but the wiring matches the diagrams too

do you have spark?

check and post back.

not gonna take time if you don't

My lights are working now and i dont have spark

take the blue wire out from the magneto, and short it to ground.

other two should be black, to the ht coil and red, to lighting)

this bypasses the brake light and switches, completing the ground for the ignition circuit.

then check for spark

also, the kill on the bars, think purple, needs to not be grounded for spark.

Still no spark. My point is a little bent thus setting the two points off a little if it matters

If it worked before you did stuff...go back through everything you did....everything....do it over again...like...super thorough inspection stylee!!!

Believe me i went through it. Im goin crazy not being able to ride it. I have a new point and condenser coming in. i got a new spark plug today. If its not either of these things, om guessing it is probably the ht coil but i dont see how stuff could go bad by sitting around for a month. Also i had to replace the crankshaft bearings nd when putting the new one in, the stator was in nd we pounded away at the engine case. Could shock ruin a condenser or point?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account