Dumb 73 Vespa Ciao questions

Garrett Sterling /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I found a 73 Vespa Ciao(chrome fenders, front suspension, NO TURN SIGNALS)

Im not familiar with these. It looks like it has a horn switch on the right grip, and a black pointer switch ontop of the headlight assy.

Is the black pointer switch an on off for the light or a hi/low beam?

Where is the run/off switch? I have been reading about the decomp lever and all that but how do you shut these mopeds down after its running?

I know the key is just a fork lock from what I understand.

LASTLY(thanks for your patience), I have two wires coming through the frame toward the rear of the bike. Both come out of the main harness from headlamp assy. One I can see obviously hooks up to the tail light/brake light assy, the other is grey sheathed as well with what looks like a single white wire inside and has been cut and hanging out of the frame under the rear fender so I cant tell what it went to. What the heck is this one for as I cannot tell from wiring diagrams Ive looked at.

Thanks for your help!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account