Clutch bell disassembly...

I can't figure out how to get the clutch bell halves, gear and shaft off to replace the one way roller bearing. It's a tomos clutch- anybody with pics or description of how this comes out?

Clutches, circlip and big gear are already off, just the housing shaft and bearing left.

Re: Clutch bell disassembly...

It should simply side right off, but often they do stick fairly well. I imagine a jaw type puller might work, but you would have to be careful, or you could warp the clutch bell or mushroom the crank threads..

Ooh, I dont have a puller, but it definitely does not want to come apart. Would you reccomend the use of rubber mallet, or perhaps a flat head inbetween the bell halves? I will post a picture of what I have momentarily.

The bell halves are welded together. You might sit the engine with the clutch facing up and spray the center with a little pb blaster, light oil, or something to see if that helps the bushing and bearing slide off the end of the crankshaft.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account