ever rip yer fork apart to fix it ?

i got a prima g3 sachs its triple tree fork /head set area is crooked and im sure over the years it could use a touch of love. ive seen folks pump air oil what have you in to bike forks to give a stiffer or softer ride depending on how much and where so is it the same here ? i looked on wiki and repair under fork overhaul and repair to no luck

so tell me something or link me up to something so i can learn

cheers,chuck!

Re: ever rip yer fork apart to fix it ?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

usually its grease or fork oil(hydrolic fluid) depending on the manufacturers rap.

i have been staring at the VLX's front fork booties and shit unless they make a nylon or kevlar replacement i would sooner cut them off and wrap them with radiator hose or some of them leather grip wrap things.

to remove and disassemble the whole fork assembly, just to replace those stupid boots, they purposely design to go bad within 5 years.

is madness i will wrap them with a split hose then glue back together. or just leave em lay like some old lady's ill fitting stockings fallen around her ankles.

but pic or links info ? like #5 need more info. the boots im sure could be re made replaced ... what have you .

cheers,chuck!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

my guess would be fork oil, as all the seals are reffered to as oil seals in the fork blowouts.

i looked over three manuals and not one mentioned it. even the assembly instructions

mabe it had soylent green oil in there from the factory.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

I took my forks (Puch Maxi) apart to paint them.

The little rubber boot was missing on one side, and the other one split (previous owner)!

I've since replaced the boots, and the nylon shims inside, these where worn (only on one side by 1/2mm) dirt had gotten inside due to the lack of boots, it seemed to tightened up the forks quite nicely!

I used multi purpose grease when I reassembled them... do you think this was a good idea? smelt like what was in there before...

When I shipped my magnum from MD to CA one of the K10 tubes got bent pretty bad. I considered just ordering a new set, but disassembled them to see if I could hammer it straight. I was able to straighten it out....but it took a pretty big beating haha

nice thanks dudes also yeah the smell we are still animals .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account