Tips on Removing Tires.. Gazelles.. without destroying wheels

Benevolent Aroh /

Flat tire.. Need to remove my tires without horribly scratching the paint on the rims. Gazelles are a bitch to put on so I am assuming they are hard to remove as well.

Any tips?

Re: Tips on Removing Tires.. Gazelles.. without destroying wheels

Bump.

Lots of lube , everywhere ! deflate , squeeze tire sidewalls together to break the bead and spray tire wet from back to black down in the bead/rim area . pull the bead of one side down into the the shallowest part of the rim ''middle '' and use a grinder spanner wrench ''$3 @ HF'' to assimulate a tire mounter @ NTB/ Dobbs . Insert the rubberised handle between the tire bead and rim and pull it tward you around the wheel and it will dismount . Repead for the other side . Make sure you get the tires in the hot sun before you start . Use lots of lube ! (edited)

Pedro's yellow plastic tire levers and lube.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

I use metal tire levers and my health insurance card. Put the health insurance card in between the lever and the rim and it'll help prevent scratches.

Warmign the tires definitely helps with install and dismount.

Overpriced Parts /

To remove I cut with the tires off with my flooring razor knife and just have to take off the beads.

Much easier

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Don't like Gazelles, or do you have a flat? You don't have to remove the tire to fix a flat.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account