Is there a Danger to Running a Circuit Pipe with No Baffle?

The baffle broke off my circuit pipe, Maxi e50. I understand 2 strokes rely on back pressure significantly, so would I be risking damage to my top end if I enjoyed the super loudness while I'm waiting for my friend with a welder to become available?

I've read plently of threads about how to fix it, and that's not a problem, I know I could even use JB Weld in a pinch - just seeing if I can have some fun with my situation without messing up my stuff, not sure how critical the baffle actually is.

Re: Is there a Danger to Running a Circuit Pipe with No Baffle?

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

It provides the back pressure so its pretty critical. Try it, I bet it will run really shitty.

Christian Giron /

Nope, no danger.

two stroke motors actually don't care if there is or isnt a baffle.

^ lol two very different statements. I read mine off gordans book. But I also had a circuit that broke off which ran fine for 5 miles.

Funke might have other experiences better than mine. (edited)

Yes, the biggest danger is from flying rocks that could hit you in the head.

I would think that it depends on your set-up. When my home-made baffle popped out of my V1 with a Puch Leo Vince circuit pipe it lost it's top end. sounded super boss but just wouldn't get up there.

Weird.

-Aron

Idk if you have a proma or techno circuit, but I have a techno circuit and cut the baffle off completely and there really isnt any difference other than damn is it loud with just the stinger. Runs the same for me. But the loud is fun, makes you feel like youre going faster lol

Darrell Gabbard /

if you run on the lean side then you better do a plug chop before you burn a hole in the piston cuz it could run leaner with out the baffle.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i noticed on a tomos a3, running with no baffle for a prolonged period causes more and more backslap, scores the bottom of the cylinder and the piston skirt.

run time, two years.

slap.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account