tomos streetmate wiring harnes meltdown

Hello all, let my son (22) ride my mopped, he put gas in it and pinched the wires when replaced seat. the harness wires melted inclufing fuse and all the way to the plugs for the harness. any idea where and how to fix it? It will run but no lights at all etc.

Re: tomos streetmate wiring harnes meltdown

joseph parker /

Are you asking where to fix it as in a shop?

I would purchase a manual and start there. Its pretty easy to re-run wires (probably cleaner than what they were) and simply purchase the correct fusing and other components for the system.

Lights are easy, just take some time to look it over, and don't get those wires pinched again!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Find a new harness.

The harness can be picked up at any Tomos dealer. I highly suggest you do that as I have seen other bikes spark up from filling up fuel. There will be too many bare and burned wires. Never just push the nozzle of the gas pump onto the gas filler on a Revival, Streetmate, Streetmate R, or Arrow R. They have batteries and can short out if not fueling up carefully.

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/service/electrical-and-wiring/wiring-diagrams/

this will show you what you need to fix whatever had been messed up.

currently working on getting everything fixed with a 2007 arrow r

c&p and it will get you a little further then you are

good luck

(forever lost in NJ)

-j

Rewire it. It's not very hard.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account