Puch cobra 2 loud pops, then smoke out of the exhaust

Just got a new kit put on my ped, since my last one seized I rode it for about 15 mins then it kept feeling like the engine stopped then started but it never stopped completly . Then after another 5 mins I herd two loud pop and white smoke came out of the exsuast and then top part of the engine.

Any ideas what went wrong< i just parked it for now I was to nervous to try and start it again.

I just put new gas and oil in it, so i know it wasnt that

Re: Puch cobra 2 loud pops, then smoke out of the exhaust

WHOA WHOA WHOA...

YOU'RE TELLING ME YOUR BIKE SEIZED AFTER YOU SLAPPED A TOP END TOGETHER WITH NO TUNING OR KNOWLEDGE OF TWO-STROKE ENGINES???

...AND THEN YOU DID THE SAME THING AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN????

you can throw $$$ at a ped fast but that's not going to automatically make your bike fast too. Do some reading in the wiki section, especially the sections on performance tuning. The reason you keep seizing your ride is because your ignition is not properly timed and you haven't upjetted your carburetor to accommodate for the increase in fuel flow. There's probably a whole lot of airleaks too, which will also cause your bike to run lean and uh, SEIZE. You can also use mopedarmy's search functions to find answers to specific questions that come up.

Read. Read. READ.

I didnt fix it after it seized, I went to a moped shop and they fixed it.

I wouldnt just dive into fixing a seized engine with out any knowledge of how to do it

Probably Fred /

Prolly Seized do to too high of timing

Take it back to the shop who kitted it

and tell them to fix it up

You probably blew your piston.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

oh noooo, that was its soul leaving....

Christian Giron /

Just give it to me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account