Okay, so the sticker was right.

♣Slew Foot♣ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so i is cruising a ton, piling on the miles on the VLX.

there is this sticker on the bike stating... "designed for road use only-not suitable for off road use."

Now looking at it, it is set up like an enduro.

has knobbies with ample travel on the front & rear shocks, skidplate protecting the engine, even has the dirt track plastic # plates.

i will admit it has been by far the best at hitting potholes gravel and i imagine it will be a hoot this winter.

but here is the shit that really bugs the fuck out of me, and is the point of the topic.

so i end up in a parking lot and need to hop a small crevice in a barrier curb, thinkin no prob its only a little higher than curb hieght. i hop curbs all day.

the freakin kickstand bottoms out first. what's worse is, it has frame support tabs that can bend

WTF, this is like a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

now the kick stand spring can come loose when the kickstand is in the fully upright position,

i can not really get a grasp on this. it is a bugger to get the spring on(35lbs pull) in the up position but it will pop off on its own when riding.

i crimped the ends in as a stop gap but WTF.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account