Okay, so the sticker was right.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

so i is cruising a ton, piling on the miles on the VLX.

there is this sticker on the bike stating... "designed for road use only-not suitable for off road use."

Now looking at it, it is set up like an enduro.

has knobbies with ample travel on the front & rear shocks, skidplate protecting the engine, even has the dirt track plastic # plates.

i will admit it has been by far the best at hitting potholes gravel and i imagine it will be a hoot this winter.

but here is the shit that really bugs the fuck out of me, and is the point of the topic.

so i end up in a parking lot and need to hop a small crevice in a barrier curb, thinkin no prob its only a little higher than curb hieght. i hop curbs all day.

the freakin kickstand bottoms out first. what's worse is, it has frame support tabs that can bend

WTF, this is like a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

now the kick stand spring can come loose when the kickstand is in the fully upright position,

i can not really get a grasp on this. it is a bugger to get the spring on(35lbs pull) in the up position but it will pop off on its own when riding.

i crimped the ends in as a stop gap but WTF.

Re: Okay, so the sticker was right.

^The bike was a styling experiment, the sticker is right. Maybe pull the stand off and mount a side stand?

you can't offroad a bike with forks the same diameter as a pencil...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

actually, they are the size of a sharpie,

and the travel is like 6" so it is set up better than most peds for trail riding. ever off road a Batavus or Maxi

Wow, way to eff up a rare moby.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i treat wilma very well, i just hop curbs mostly cause its just so cool. i don't dirt track her. i would have to put on 5,000 miles before i would even consider it.

Emil Kniemel /

Jake P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow, way to eff up a rare moby.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3133528328.html

♣Slew Foot♣ /

dude swoop that shit up.

^agreed, now is that rear sproket huge or what? Larger than 50v? Looks it, first I ever noticed that...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

mine has a 48 tooth, i believe the 30 mph one has a 54t. i think its the front freewheel 20 tooth instead of the stock 18 to make it the 3o mph and different carb.

You are sup-posed to stand up when you hop curbs and not crush stand by sitting on ass.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

no i did not even hop the curb, it was a broken parking barrier and i tried to roll through the break, it caught on both arms of the kickstand.

i can hop curbs all day, the stand has about a foot clearance. parking barrier was 1 3/4 ft. and it was downhill to the next lot about another ft.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account