Pickin' Seals out of a hobbit...

Anybody ever use picks to remove seals.

What pick ends work the best.

Don't wanna split case, just a stocker.

Any methods, one handed, two handed...heat...

Re: Pickin' Seals out of a hobbit...

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Nice, i'll try 3 screws.

I would use one of these given the size of the seals. Drill a small pilot hole, and thread this in ever so slightly, Phillips would be recommended.

and you will only need one.

Related question:

So do you need 2 15x25.5x7 seals?

I have to do my crank seals because one is leaking. I checked with some propane on the stator side yesterday so this is fresh in my mind.

At idle I can put propane right into the air filter and the moped bogs. When I took the cover off the flywheel and shot the propane on top of the flywheel, nothing happened. Then I revved the motor and the motor would just about kill as the rev's dropped back down to idle. It would not want to die if I wasn't holding the propane nozzle right there. I think it is true that these old seals can leak - Not at idle, but during load. DOH I just noticed I forgot to check the vario side.

I have to make a clutch puller to do the vario.