Removed seals to refresh and found this...

What are the chances I will get a good seal with the new seals? In case you cant tell this is the sprocket side of the pedal shaft.

Are there any repairs to be done for a gouge like this? Epoxy? Something else?

photo.JPG

Re: Removed seals to refresh and found this...

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ Joel Bruecker ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ /

Jb weld is a really good and really tough epoxy. I used it to fix my cracked engine case and it is holding really well. It is good upto 600 degrees and 4000psi. Just make sure the area is completey clean and smooth the jb weld so it is even with surounding area. you can get it from any hardware store for about 5 or 6 bucks.

Darrell Gabbard /

you might be able to fill it in with solder or a 2 part epoxy and then a very fine file

I was thinking solder too. If I hit the solder with some really fine sandpaper, hopefully I can smooth it out.

Durafixin???

I wouldn't use JB Weld unless you cure it with heat. I don't think it really likes gasoline in the longterm but people use it to build up on their motor.

Can you just put a glob of some sort of gasketmaker on that?

grey silicone. or some stuff called qt or seal all its gas proof i fixed a gas tank with it been good for 2 years

It looks like it doesn't go all the way to the end and there is no pressure behind it so it probably wont leak.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

I thought you were going to find that your case was full of arugula.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account