NU50 belt

i curently have poor acceleration on my ped,

the service sheet from moped riders association says the stock belt width is 14mm (0.550 in) and the minimum belt width is 13.00MM (0.512 In) .my belt is currently 12.42MM (0.489 in). pretty worn , i have heard that a BX31, BX30, AX31 AX30 belt can potential work, but they are not an exact fit . i dont mind if the belt is a little too wide, i just need it to have that bottom end to do a hill climb like it used to do.

Re: NU50 belt

gonna have to point you at the Wiki for this one. There's a good list of belts you can use for our bikes in there. Good luck with the BX31 though- I have found it to be too wide for my bike, it hangs up a lot. I'd stick with an AX31 if anything, and know that it will be shorter than the stock belt by a significant margin whic will limit top speed even if it does provide the acceleration gains some seem to be reporting with that belt.

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

either way, take 3 of the weights out of the vairator and it wil keep the rpms up on the low end. while your in there check for the roundness of the weights

I have removed three weights, All of them have flat spots on them, I put the three roundest weights back in. I'll report results in a future post

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Take your 3 weights and drill a 15/64's hole in them, for even better acceleration.

Dose this mod decrease top speed?

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

BX31, BX30, AX31 AX30 the longer wider belts will ride higher on the variator so it will increase topend. Shorter thinner belts will ride lower keeping the rpms up but you will lose the topend. removing the 3 weights compensates for the wider belts by keeping the rpms higher at the lowend, by keeping the variator from pushing out as fast. if you go to a wider belt an not remove weights you will lose the lowend rpms. It will still fully variate with removing the 3 weights.

Thanks, from what I'm hearing the hevyer the weights the quicker the belt rises to the edges with less RPMs but torq is deminished. And the less weight the RPMs are grater with grater torq and the belt takes longer to rise to the outer edge

Ok, so the results are in : with three weights that have a 1/4 hole drilled in them I get som good revs , just about into early powerban the acceleration seems the same until it hits 8 Mph than it hits a plateue for a second and once it reaches 10mph it rockets off into powerband and I'm hitting 33 to 34 in no time

what was you top speed before that? Mine NU50 is only maxin out at 25-26 mph with origonal belt.

Before I modified the variator weights I was using the original belt the top speed was about 26 to 28 and it had poor deceleration and torq. After I modified the weights by making them lighter and removing three I still am using the stock worn out belt the ped came with, the acceleration increased and now the top speed is 32 to 35. I have not yet tried the AX orBX series belts cause I am low on funds

i got some fancy expencive valvoline 80w90 and kept changing the gear oil 2 times a day for 3 days straight and i go up to 33 now. i thought i had carb issues and for some reason its good as new. everything origonal no mods. i was pretty happy about that. if you havint already change the gear oil ride 5 miles do it again, like 5 or 6 times. I was very surprised on the results. im gonna do the weights thing next..

gosh my gear oil is probably like fudge, i have not changed it in the 4 years i owned the ped

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account