puch maxi no start after reassembly

I Look Like Shit /

put the puch together, got it running briefly, won't start now... here's what i know:

i cleaned the carb... yaaay

points are cleaned

has spark

compression good

push float, float works, gas spits through filter...

gaskets all there...

put a little carb cleaner in spark plug hole and engine kicked to life... obviously a fuel delivery problem... but carb is completely clear, ive cleaned it multiple times... put on an older proma gp instead of my boss, is it possible that its completely stopped up with carbon? thats what i was thinking until it ran for two seconds on carb cleaner... i've been following fred's guide but i can't seem to figure what i need to check next for fuel delivery

Re: puch maxi no start after reassembly

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

clogged banjo

IDEAS:

Is your float bowl filling up when you turn on the petcock?

You could have a clogged banjo screen.

Is your petcock even working?

How are you cleaning out your carb?

Best of luck

I Look Like Shit /

hey thanks... petcock is working fine, i mean, it has to be on reserve cause the damn elbow and screen is detached and stuck somewhere in the tank but it works fine... cleaned the banjo screen out, thats what i was thinking but its unclogged... im cleaning out my carb with b12 carb cleaner and compressed air

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

did u turn it on and off?

I Look Like Shit /

you mean petcock or kill cause both are working fine

Probably Fred /

Put a half of a soda straw of gas in the plug hole

Then try to start

I Look Like Shit /

yea ken i did that and it started... swapped another banjo, atomizer, replaced gaskets etc etc still no dice... ill get back to it tomorrow

Probably Fred /

Good just a gas flow problem.

Here is another test.

Fill the carb bowl with gas then run

I Look Like Shit /

carb bowl fills up when i press float button or w/e that thing is... gas is getting to the float bowl

Probably Fred /

Use choke or make sure choke plate is clipped to the lever not just thrown in

I Look Like Shit /

yeah choke is hooked up to the lever, took the whole carb apart and made sure everything worked as it should... thats why im stymied, i know these damn bings inside and out now

Probably Fred /

Put a different carb on

I Look Like Shit /

i replaced everything in this carb... everything is flowing as it should when its apart... i guess i do have enough parts to build another carb or two lol... i would love to figure out whats up with this one though

Probably Fred /

Ya after that check for air leaks

Ed - Dead Possums /

float level? air leaks?

Michael Thomas /

ZA50 or E50?

I Look Like Shit /

float level should be fine, put on a brand new float needle... air leaks is a definite possibility, i don't know why i didn't even think about the fact i might have sealed something incorrectly...

also michael, it is an e50

I Look Like Shit /

got it started and running.. woop... now the problem seems to be brake adjustment... brakes, which worked fine prior to disassembly, are soft as shit with no stopping power... tried the adjusters but they will just stop the wheels from spinning free without actually stopping them from braking... is there a way to adjust the pads to catch sooner ??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account