Puch Maxi dies after it warms up

sookia sookia /

Hello, first of all i'm a noob when it comes to mopeds, just got a Puch Maxi, runs and starts great however after it warms up it dies and won't start back up until it cools back down. At first i thought it had something to do with the petcock because the first time it died i fiddled around with it and it started, but maybe that just gave it time to cool down. I read in other posts that it might be the condenser, i read about installing an external one in the wiki, are there any videos showing how to do this??? or do you guys thing that it's something else????? thanks!

Re: Puch Maxi dies after it warms up

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Condenser. Mount it internally, I don't see an advantage of mounting it externally.

sookia sookia /

Any recommendations on where to get one? Read some posts and they said the one from treat land is garbage, also does it involve soldering?

1967 Chevy nova condenser from an auto parts store.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Read some posts and they said the one from treat land is garbage, also does it involve soldering?

Nonsense. A condenser is a condenser is a condenser. But ya if you can find one at you local auto parts retailer, that is the best way to go. Yes you will need to solder. You will also need a Puch flywheel puller.

Thanks for doing research before you posted. Ya got it right.

Any proof the capacitance is the same? Dont want to risk wearing out the points prematurely.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account