Puch Maxi, Out of Ideas..

My Stock 78 Maxi has no acceleration. Not "I want to go faster or get a faster take off" but it barely moves and cannot make it up the smallest of hills. It bogs down and dies when riding in the grass by where I'm working on it. I just put all new gaskets in the carb (banjo, float and top), I've set the timing to full advance (only to trouble shoot my problem) and once I was sure it ran right I was going to adjust it much better, I've made sure the points are opening about the width of a piece of cardboard from a cereal box, and I put blue springs instead of the stock springs on my clutch. I've tried tuning the clutch every different way, counting turns having the screws out more, or in more and everywhere in between. Nothing has made a difference, or at least a significant one at all. So where could the problem lie?

Just want to get riding again,

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Puch Maxi, Out of Ideas..

Overpriced Parts /

1, 1,5 or 2hp model?

I'm not sure, and I don't know how to find out. I don't think it's just slow though. I've read every Maxi description of HP etc and haven't been able to figure it out.

Check the numbers on the Bing. Hopefully its the original and you can look up it here http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Bing .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account