Puch Maxi Problem.

Geoffrey Davis /

Hello all. I'm writing you because i'm having problem figuring out what is wrong with my Moped. I've got a Puch Maxi za50.

My situation is my back tire isn't moving backwards and hardly going forward. It's like i've got too much pressure. I'm really not sure. When I pull the clutch to engage the engine the back tire doesn't move at all. It feels as though it's completely locked up when I go back. It has 0 movement. But goes forward this is what I don't get.

(Possible changes to cause this.)

I recently flipped my 2nd speed clutch and changed the Pucks.

(Things i've done to fix)

I've rechecked that I put the engine back together correctly, and put the weights back in again correctly according to the Wiki.

Thanks for reading,

Any ideas or insight is greatly appreciated.

Re: Puch Maxi Problem.

Geoffrey Davis /

Extra Information -

Upon draining the oil out and taking off the case the wheel will move freely. Hopefully this will shed some light for anyone willing to give me some help.

Overpriced Parts /

One way bearings in wrong they gots to go under the spring steel clips do you got to bend the clips back then stick a bearing in.

Your starter clutch maybe too much preload

Geoffrey Davis /

I'll check them again, I'm pretty sure I did it correct this time but i'll check again. I didn't have any problems with the clutch or anything before. Thanks for the input.

Geoffrey Davis /

Re-did everything again. I've now got it to the point the tire will move both backwards and forwards but when I going back the piston moves and sounds like it wants to start.

Are there any common differences besides performance when you flip the 2nd gear?

Overpriced Parts /

Starter clutch or maybe preload is wrong/bad maybe

Who knows did you over torque things maybe

Geoffrey Davis /

I'm not sure possible - I don't have anything o measure the torque. I guess i'll have to buy one because I'm thinking this could be it.

Overpriced Parts /

So you took your za50 apart to flip the 2nd gear clutctowns didn't torque to spec ?

Yikes

Geoffrey Davis /

Pretty much. I didn't realize it was a huge deal. Obviously I was wrong, so i'll get a torque wrench and do it to the tee.

Overpriced Parts /

Clutctowns ? Stupid iphone. I said "clutch and"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account