putting puch back together, rear wheel/brake issue?

I Look Like Shit /

putting the newport back together, rear wheel doesn't seem to move freely but will move, just like there is some hesitation... and ya, recently trued and on straight... thinking maybe some brake grindage but the brake seems floppy, like it will stop the wheel turning but not nearly with its prior ability... i did put a new sprocket on, possible i f'ed something up with brakes????

Re: putting puch back together, rear wheel/brake issue?

Geoffrey Davis /

Did you do anything with the engine?

I was actually going to post something similar - My wheel isn't moving either it moves forward but will not move backwards. I'll post my own thread though don't want to steal yours.

I Look Like Shit /

nah nothing with the engine... not even all hooked up yet... just cleaned, painted, replaced some things...

Geoffrey Davis /

OK thanks just making sure i don't post the same thing again - did you make sure they are clearing everything mine rub sometimes preventing them from turning ?

I Look Like Shit /

yeah, clearing everything, sitting straight...

also i lost the little bendy pipe on the petcock in the tank, do i have to drain it and flip it upside down to get it out? or do i even need it? won't i just essentially run on reserve the whole time?

SkUG SkUGosarus /

did you over tighten the nuts? crushing your bearings in place?

I Look Like Shit /

hm yeah that is possible i suppose

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account