MODDING help? reversing controls

♣Slew Foot♣ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

well my bud Julio has one arm, and i am trying to adapt the sachs i have to accomadate his disability.

since it has a footbrake, it is pretty straight forward. but i hit a snag. i re routed all the controls to the left side no problem. but when i flipped the bars to lowmanns and reversed the controls; i realized i need a different throttle, a left hand one; the acceleration twist is also reversed. its a magura with the hump.

can i rig the existing one to work right? or do i have to run it thru the launch lever ring and relocate it next to the light and choke clamps. it is getting pretty crowded there already. it still needs a mirrior and end one for it would not be a good idea, as it will be dropped a few times i imagine.

another option is running it through the thumb choke, Notice the modded clutch lever on the floor board.i also have a retainer ring that will hold the launch and choke to start it.

Julio used to be a bicycle messenger from brooklyn, if any one armed guy could do it; Julio can.

So any ideas, recomendations, dissertations?

DSCF0012.JPG
DSCF0015.JPG
DSCF0016.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account