Re-wire hobbit to eliminate headlight

So I'm trying to put a bullet headlight on my hobbit but I have a problem: I absolutely hate hobbit wiring. The diagram confuses the hell out of me. Since basically everything runs through the headlight on a stock hobbit, I have to re-wire the whole front end. Does anyone know an easy way to do this? I'm trying to use the old kill switch that is on the throttle. I've been going at it all day and I just cant seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Re-wire hobbit to eliminate headlight

Easiest way is to hook up the white line to the bulb hot, and the other side to ground. Done.

Are you using a 12v or 6v headlight?

The yellow line out of the stator is the lighting coil.

It goes to the light switch and splits off between the high and low (white and ...umm blue I think?)

Emil Kniemel /

are you trying to keep the ignition?

No, I just want to hardwire it so I can put in a new headlight and keep the original killswitch. I need to know where to wire the black and green wires that come off of the killswitch and the red wire coming out of the stator.

This is what I'm workin with:

From stator:

Yellow

Black

Red

Green

From coil:

Black/white

From taillight:

Yellow

Green/yellow

Brown

From silicon rectifier:

Black/white

Black/yellow

Green

From headlight:

Yellow

Brown (ground)

From killswitch:

Green

Black/white

The bike was running fine before I took it apart to switch out the headlight. Has anyone wired a similar setup?

Emil Kniemel /

ive had it wired it up the way you want it. and then i wired back in the ignition key for "safety".

cant remember off the top of my head though. i remember the bike operating like normal when i just unplugged the ignition key completely. maybe i swapped something to get the kill from the throttle back.

i had to switch something though cause my headlight doesnt have the high/low beam so i had to get rid of the switch. also upped the wattage cause i dont have high/low beam indicator light nor do i have a speedometer light.

i only messed with the wiring that was in the headlight from the wiring harness.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account