how to install a external condenser

dont know w hat wire to hook to what. help me out, its on a 103

Re: how to install a external condenser

Pigtail of the external condenser goes to the points, the old condenser gets disconnected from the points.

Does it matter if you don't disconnect the old one, just leave it wired in and wire in a new one as well?

^depends on how it died, if open it is ok if closed it must be removed. or taken out of cirquet. At least on a Motobecane. Never had a Pug so it may be different, trust Rebel more than I. I know I spoke more of points, but that is not what I meant. Condensors fail 2 ways, some can be bypassed, others not so much. Best of luck.

Go to the mabecanemobylette.com site.

Always disconnect the old one, if it is internally shorted you will burn your points quickly, usually about 5 miles from home or a buddys place so you can have an epic walk just because you can not cut one wire...

Peter Foy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does it matter if you don't disconnect the old

> one, just leave it wired in and wire in a new one

> as well? (edited)

Oops... maybe that explains my situation... My dilemma's the FREE COOKIE post in the repair section.

If you have a resistor cap it can also suffer from heat soaking if it is old, resistor plugs can also have heat related breakdowns.

Usually it is the condenser that suffers because of its construction and it lives its life inside the genny where heat it a byproduct of generating electricity.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account