question for you za50 builders/ riders

so i've recently been having problems with my external cable aduster, the one that sits right under the plastic spacer and threads into the adjuster for the internal cable...

i'm having problems with it coming loose when i ride (even short rides to and from work), like its turning out due to vibration?

Its annoying because then i have to take the cable off, move the plastic adjuster up, and re-screw the adjuster...

I put some teflon tape on it, which is acting as a bandaid and this seems to help the screw part stay in but i am sure its just a matter of time until that stuff melts off.

has anyone else had this problem?

also I am using bicycle cables for my starter clutch, which are thinner, but the knarp is a tiny but too large to fit in the recess of the adjuster. I havent had a problem with this in the past, and i switched to bike cables because i would pop knarps off the cables from treats...

Re: question for you za50 builders/ riders

Probably Fred /

I tighten with a good 11mm and a good 10mm wrench and have no problems

tighten 1 all the way against 2?

I'll see if that helps. usually i only hand tighten it.

Probably Fred /

Yep That's your problem. Tighten it down good not by hand

Loctite makes a thread locker tape, like plumbers tape for bolts, in blue that works okay, but that is a very small thread depth so you wouldn't get much tape on it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account