moped wont start

I've cleaned the carb and the sparkplug. It still won't start. The guy I got it from said its been sitting for about a year and a half. Is it improper fuel? Carb still bad? No spark? Timing? It has great compression. When I pedal it putt putts but won't turn over. Please help. Any help is appreciated.

Re: moped wont start

Its pretty easy to check for spark you need to do that.

Follow the fuel make sure its getting all the way through the carb.

Without more info, like what Make Model Year, we can't help you very much.

Remove the spark plug then put some gas in the cylinder, if it doesn't turn over then it's probably spark. If it does check your fuel again.

Oh sorry. It's a jawa 210. I found out is not getting spark. How can I fix this?

Ryan,

I am not familiar with your bike, so I will just offer some general advice. For lack of spark, it can be just about anything between the spark plug and the generator. Make sure your spark plug is clean and gaped correctly. Check the spark plug wire and boot connection. It's a good idea to unscrew the boot, cut about 1/2 inch off the end of the spark plug wire, and screw the boot back on to make sure you have a good connection at that point. Check the spark plug wire and the wire from the generator to the coil for any sign of damage. Make sure your coil is grounded. If your bike has points, file them a bit and check to make sure they are not excessively worn, pitted, or dirty. Gap your points correctly. If your bike has a condenser, you could try replacing that. They are pretty cheep, and just about any ol' condenser will do. You should be able to buy one in the lawn mower department of your local hardware store for a couple of bucks. If none of this fixes the problem, you may have to replace a larger part, such as the coil or generator. Good luck to you!

Green Marauder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ryan,

> I am not familiar with your bike, so I will just

> offer some general advice. For lack of spark, it

> can be just about anything between the spark plug

> and the generator. Make sure your spark plug is

> clean and gaped correctly. Check the spark plug

> wire and boot connection. It's a good idea to

> unscrew the boot, cut about 1/2 inch off the end

> of the spark plug wire, and screw the boot back on

> to make sure you have a good connection at that

> point. Check the spark plug wire and the wire from

> the generator to the coil for any sign of damage.

> Make sure your coil is grounded. If your bike has

> points, file them a bit and check to make sure

> they are not excessively worn, pitted, or dirty.

> Gap your points correctly. If your bike has a

> condenser, you could try replacing that. They are

> pretty cheep, and just about any ol' condenser

> will do. You should be able to buy one in the lawn

> mower department of your local hardware store for

> a couple of bucks. If none of this fixes the

> problem, you may have to replace a larger part,

> such as the coil or generator. Good luck to you!

put some gas in it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account