Garelli clutch sticking, Pain in the ass to ride

Nate Dood /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The rubber clutch on my garelli had been sticking ever since the middle of Moped Larry's ride, meaning that if i came to a stop, the engine would slow down and stall. So I took it apart and found a bunch of rubber that had melted and stuck to the metal drum that the clutch sits in. To fix it I cleaned out all the rubber, made sure the drum was in good condition, replaced the bushings, and put it all back together.

Now the clutch is doing the same thing just not as bad since i can get it to unstick before i stop by jamming on the brakes and holding the throttle open until the clutch lets go.

I have good bushings in there now and I'm using 30w Non-Detergent oil in the transmission. The big rubber clutch pad is a reproduction one that I got from treats and put in about 6 weeks ago.

What could possibly be causing it to stick? am i doing something wrong? are the reproduction clutches not as good as OEM? Help please!! It is a total pain in the ass when your riding in town, having to stop a lot, and your moped is trying its hardest to stall at every damn stop sign or light.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account