I'm gonna take this Keihin piece of shit and hunt down the wanker who designed it and shove it deep in to his arse

Yup.

I don't even know what I'm asking here. It's basically a rant with an implied 'WTF?'

I've run through this carb so many times. Every little part of it is clean as a whistle, yet the bike is running as if the jet were completely clogged; plug chops are bone white, and I've conducted a thorough leak-down test and the engine is holding vacuum quite well.

It idles like a champ, so it clear to me that the idle passage is not the issue. It just runs so terribly lean, and then after a half mile or so, it seems that the bowl is running dry so it leans out even more.

Fuck you Keihin guy! I guess I need to replace this thing with something that actually works.

Re: I'm gonna take this Keihin piece of shit and hunt down the wanker who designed it and shove it deep in to his arse

throw 10 airfilters on that bitch. personally i like shoving sharpies in the stock pa50II airbox holes to richen it up.

Re: I'm gonna take this Keihin piece of shit and hunt down the wanker who designed it and shove it deep in to his arse

Im still going to swap crank seals incase mine are leaking under load, but yeah I agree mars, I had trouble this whole winter, but after I switched to an nc slide carburetor, I still had the same problem. Probably not the carb its timing maybe.

Cant jet if it isnt timed right.

You sound like your having fuel flow issues possibly?

Yeah, gonna go pull the carb for the 50th time after work today. I've been over my timing pretty well, and it's firing about three degrees more advanced than stock, and it's a reasonably healthy blue spark.

I'm quite certain it's carburetion, as the plug is completely white.

Overpriced Parts /

What ever main jet you got in it now

Double the size

I may as well. Fuck this carb. it's funny though, from what I gather lots of people live long and happy lives with a proma and stock jetting. It has the stock 78 in it now.

i ditched the keihin carb and love every minute without it. a solid carb it may be, but nothing beats my sha simplicity & ability to access the carb.

pushed out your emulsion tube and you lined it back up correctly?

got the float bowl on the correct way? You need to be able to access the screw on the pedal chain side, you should crack the screw open and bleed it and make sure its got a good flow.

Did you remove the throttle butterfly and put it on backwards or something? When you put the throttle cable on, do it loosely, dont try to get extra pull.

I hope its just something silly mars! Though I doubt it.

The little holes on the bottom of the emulsion tube should face the idle passage inlet, right? Everything else you mentioned is right afaik.

Not sure ^ I have never put it in correctly, but next time I do it I sure will! I know that you have to put it in, then poke a wire through it to check if it is in correctly. You probably got that also, that would not make you run out of fuel in the bowl.

you got to have fuel flow problems, somehow your float is damaged or uneven or something your not noticing.

your not running rich so probably nothing to do with the exhaust.

Intake leak?

OAH OAH

//Serious post//

Hey put a little gasket goo on where the airbox and the carburetor joint meet. I read over on caminotuning some dude said he had problems that his joint was leaking - forget the symptoms though.

That is probably a commonly missed point because you just kinda push the carb against the airbox and tighten down the screws for the reedblock. well you probably shot some carb cleaner right there though. Maybe you missed it?

go Kozanatos!!!

Im trying to be creative!

airleak at the boot mars?

Sooooo it seems that it may have been the cylinder this whole time. I swapped out the keihin for an SHA and it behaved the exact same way. So, I swapped out the cylinder for another Stocker I had kicking around and everything is back to normal. This puzzles me because compression tested fine, and the only thing I did to that cylinder was space it out with an extra base gasket and trim the same amount of material off the top. Regardless I'm confident that it was the cylinder.

John Joedicke /

So all praise the Keihin, down with hacked down piece of shit cylinders! lol (edited)

No, I still hate them... ;P Probably my problem also. Piston had some weird colorings though, blame the cylinder.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account