1st Gear Rough Shift a35, what gives?

.♠.MSG .♠. /

Tomos a35 shifts kind of rough out of 1st gear into 2nd sometimes.

Where do I start, and do I need to do a transmission oil change?

Re: 1st Gear Rough Shift a35, what gives?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

try just draining and refilling with a little less fluid. i would say to use suffix a tranny fluid but udt works as well or type f.

the less fluid there is, the sooner it will engage to 2nd.

knowlege comes at a price, don't fry too many clutches.

.♠.MSG .♠. /

what is the suggest amount roughly? its not like there is a dip stick?

8oz or atf type f or type a. 2 oz of 10w30 motor oil. That mix has been working for me for over 10k kitted miles.

.♠.MSG .♠. /

awesome! thank you very much.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

thats kitted this is stock. more like 5 ozs if you want fast take offs.

the manual states 330 ccms which is something like 7 ozs. but use the best stuff you can to put in there the suffix a is the balls its old mercedes passsenger car tranny fluid.

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Maybe you're not getting high enough RPM .. are you're fuel filters partially clogged?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

gas cap vent too,

usually when mine was behaving strangely in 1 to 2nd it was too much tranny fluid or like targaped said. clogged fuel thingy, premix or res tank? lol

If you search tranny tomos tranny fluid on this site it will tell you all about it. If you don't have a cup to measure out the fluid you can use the level screw after you drain you open up the Philips head screw on the bottom right side of the bike and fill till it overflows. But the wiki section said that it's best to use 220 cm3 witch is the same as 220 ml.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account