Need to bend my header

My exhaust doesnt fit well. If I was going to bend my header what would be the best way to go about it? Thanks any ideas are welcome.

Re: Need to bend my header

Chris Holbrook /

if its thick pipe and you would rather not deform it, make a plug out of some wet news paper & coat hangers or other stiff wire making sure to leave some sticking out pack with damp play ground sand heat with torch while in vice bend.. or if its just a small bend a few degrees just heat carefully & bend slowly so to get the smallest amount of deformity.. unless u know some one with a mandrel tubing bender, they're awesome.. that's how i do it anyway..

Thanks worth a shot. I guess it would solve my problem also if I just weled another braket to the frame like a inch or two higher up that would fix it.do you know if it matters how much of an incline the exhaust it at?

Chris Holbrook /

as long as the pipe isn't deformed it should flow fine at any angle..try not to burn your self, taking your time putting it in the right place may save you pain & aggravation later.. just curious what kinda bike is it?

Tomos a35 top tank lx

Hey man this mite be a dumb question but what does the a35 need for oil if any on the crank inside the piston port?

I.m just guessing the gas mix takes care of it or am I wrong should you put a limit oil in there or no?

Chris Holbrook /

i know next to nothing about tomos bikes besides they're ascetically pleasing.. i've always owned hondas.. no questions is stupid although some may be answered in the wiki lol.. i would think the pre mix would take care of it though.. follow the manufactures suggestions on that & its hard to go wrong..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account