Tomos Questions

Hello,

I am new to MA. I picked up a Tomos Bullet and I was wondering if I could get some help with a few questions I had.

I am trying to figure out what model/year the engine is as I do not think I have the original engine that came on this bike. The number stamped on the engine is 902722 and the bike itself has a VIN of Y2A01117DK 386086

I am trying to get it running but there are some minor parts holding me from moving forward. It has a Dellorto SHA 1515 carb on it.

At this point i'd just like to get it running and then possibly get a 70cc build kit for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Tomos Questions

post a picture and we will tell you everything. the year should be listed on the vin plate on the fork tube.

The only thing is that the motor doesn't match the frame VIN. I believe it is an '83 (seeing that the 5/83) is stamped in the upper right of the VIN plate.

The only information I really need at this point is what model my engine is. I have attached a photo. Again, the numbers stamped on the engine are:

Photo Jun 19, 7 18 08 AM.jpg

Eric Wendt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The only thing is that the motor doesn't match the

> frame VIN. I believe it is an '83 (seeing that

> the 5/83) is stamped in the upper right of the VIN

> plate.

>

> The only information I really need at this point

> is what model my engine is. I have attached a

> photo. Again, the numbers stamped on the engine

> are:

>

> 902722

If you look on the head, its stamped Tomos A5, but it doesn't look like the A5 engine. It looks more like the A35 kick start.

You have an A35 Kickstart, with what looks to be a airsal 70cc cylinder installed. Someone has likely swapped a newer motor onto the older frame. Post a photo of the whole bike if you can.

Here is the whole bike. That would be nice to know if its the 70cc cylinder already on there.

Photo Jun 18, 5 29 38 PM.jpg

Ok, that is an 80's tomos for sure, with an early to mid 90's a35 motor. A very nice combination. The aluminum cylinder indicates that it is aftermarket. Its very likely that it is the 70cc (65cc technically) airsal. It should be pretty quick once you get those two missing motor mount bolts installed and get it going.

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

sure ya right on okay

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account