Swapping E50 to end onto ZA50. Any known issues?

Howdy. I have a 1978 Puch MKII 1 horse power ped and I found a guy with an E50 Magnum top end complete. Any known issues or successes with this swap?

Re: Swapping E50 to end onto ZA50. Any known issues?

Swaps over just fine as long as it's magnum to magnum or other to other. The magnum just has an angled exhaust port.

You will need a taller intake though. ZA intakes are tall to clear the oil pump hump.

Re: Swapping E50 top end onto ZA50. Any known issues?

Not sure the I get you. The donor bike is Magnum E50, the patient is MKII ZA 50. The idea would be to take the top end kit complete plus the intake exhaust and carb from the magnun E50 and put them on the MKII ZA50/

MKII Maxi or magnum? (they made both)

Facts:

Magnum cylinders only work with magnum exhausts. (or aftermarket angled port puch exhausts)

E50 intakes only work on E50s. ZA intakes can work on ZAs and E50s.

Magnum, maxi, freespirit, pinto, murray, etc cylinders and heads can all bolt onto any other bike, but you have to remember about the intake and exhausts.

Remember, they made 12mm and 14mm carbs and intakes, and some of the 12mm intakes have a restrictor down to 10mm.

OK that clears it all up. Thanks!

Overpriced Parts /

You got other issues too.

A 1hp za50 has restricted gears inside and even with 18x40 gears you will be lucky to hit 20mph

Yikes! Gears like inside the tranny? Any literature/links on that?

Overpriced Parts /

Many post about a restricted 13 tooth clutch bell za50

And so there are. Hmmmm.....I might have to let this stocker go. You saved me some trouble friend. Thanks!

Overpriced Parts /

In Ohio there are many 1hp za50 bikes.

Sucks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account