condenser part cross-reference at autoparts store?

ian van opijnen /

ive tried going to two different auto parts stores and they both say they cant help me unless i give them a specific car model and year, and after my one shot at saying "how abot a 65 beetle or any old VW" they got pissed.....asses. are there any other common cars that use the same condenser for an e50? i dont want to have to special order one :(

Re: condenser part cross-reference at autoparts store?

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

tell me about it. just go in to the store with the old one and be persistent ass until they get you what you want.

I got one the other day by telling them I wanted one for a 68 Chevy Chevelle Nova with a 350ci v8 with leather seats and racing slicks.

ian van opijnen /

i had to call 3 different stores then finally called the first one again and talked to a MAN....and he told me about a 4th store that had em.

Sidebar, for those who are young enough to like mopeds, but too old to remember when they originated in U.S.: Always, always, always ASK (politely!) for the most experienced, longest term auto-part guy there is available in any store.

Smile. Introduce yourself. Ask a name in return. Be pleasant. Establish a rapport with said employee. Otherwise...

REMEMBER--MOST OF THESE OTHER EMPLOYEES WERE BORN AFTER POINTS AND CONDENSERS WERE OBSOLETE. And they really don't give much of a damn.

I can't go to a "moped shop" and speak with anyone who understands these concepts/parts, because most of them are younger than my reconstructed body parts. Don't anticipate any more at an auto parts shop.

Older guy input concluded...

Ask for Standard Brand DR60 or equivalent. If they dont carry it or a cross reference ask them where the closest automotive store is so you can buy it there... or look online...

Most of the big chain auto parts stores have websites where you can search all their parts. go on their site and search for condenser. pick one you like and go in with the store's part number.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account