Moped 4 stroking and bogging out at WOT

Does any one know what could make a tomos a35 4stroke and smoke at idle, then bog out and back fire at WOT? It's not a jetting problem.i put a 70cc kit on it with high comp head and tecno bullet pipe.

Re: Moped 4 stroking and bogging out at WOT

a) are you sure your not hitting the limit of the stock CDI's ignition curve?

b) whats your carb+intake?

I had a 19 mm PHBG carb with 21 mm intake but I wasn't getting any where trying to tune it so I put the stock carb and in take back on and it's the same thing shows sings of running rich at idle and falls right on its face at WOT.

air leaks or wrong main jet. chech for air leaks by spraying carb cleaner on the motor when its running (not in the air intake). if the motor boggs down when you found an air leak. replace the bad gasket and that will help. if it is still 4 stroking than down jet until it stops.

air leaks=bad gaskets=running lean=4 stroking

Must be a air leak because I been through so many different jets

"wasn't getting any where trying to tune it"

]sounds like you need to use the tuning manual (edited)

No you dumb fuck it's not the carb you stupid fuck if you can help just shut up I hate people like you on these sites

This goes out to the last person I didn't realize you sent me a link and were trying to help thanks and I'm sorry and yeah I've read all the manuals to many time I know the arb very well it another prob sound like an air leak some where. Didn't mean to be a total ass

^ You aren't gonna get a lot of love on this site if you blow up so easily. So many trolls around here.

I know your right and I truly am sorry I feel like a dip shit I had just got totally insulted on an othe site and at the end of my rope with it. it wasn't cool and I really am thank full for any ones help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account