Puch Magnum help

Joshua Luboda /

Alright guys, looking for help with my Magnum, seems like anything I do doesnt help, just feels like it hits a wall on the top end, Ive been told its 4 stroking as well.

The bike is bone stock, 12 bing and intake, stock pipe, NGK 6 plug.

So far I have tried changing to a 16 sprocket. I was given a drilled out Bing to 15.8mm and matching intake. I got a free techno boss exhaust and put it on as well and it only made the bike slow down worse to 17mph, was going 23-24 stock.

Put on a 12 intake, 14 intake, with matching carbs. As well as a bing 15 on my drilled out intake nothing helped. I did a compression test and its hitting 90psi, sounds low to me.

What would you guys suggest to try and help my cause? I dont want to kit it to go faster. I do have a cylinder to port but figured I dont "need" that to go faster. Any questions feel free to ask, I'm pretty thorough when trying to diagnose things.

Re: Puch Magnum help

Did you rejet when you changed all these things? There are a billion things that could go wrong. I would get one thing working at a time. Post you slide/jet/atomizer numbers.

Overpriced Parts /

Put the 18 tooth back on and don't down gear your za50

Put your 12mm carb with 64 jet, stock pipe and full air box back on

See how it runs then

Patrick Keaton /

Comp might be too low. Check the piston ring end gap in the cylinder to see if the piston rings are too worn. If you only replace the worst and/or one piston ring, you may get more comp.

Joshua Luboda /

I did rejet, Ive tried 58, 60 in the 12mm and I was using the 64 with the drilled out setup. Other than that I didnt know there was different slides and atomizers.

I put the 18 back on, and put the stock pipe and airbox with the baffle taken out and it runs better like it used to do. I have a 58 jet in it now. Does it really need the 64? Ohh yeah I also have the needle set on the second from top slot

Dude you got some serious things to learn. You should be hitting 40 with all the things youve done to your bike. Kiting you bike would not solve your problems. Even mentioning to port a cylinder when you can't even tune a setup shouldn't even be a thought in your mind right now. What was your initial problem you had that made you think gearin to a 16t would solve your problem? You need a real set of jet sizes.

Zeke Rigg /

get jets close to those with simialer setups or else it won't run very well. here is where we post our setups.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseU2kk9COgXdEZEaUE2VlNrcWhhSTZ1MGJRbDVEcVE&authkey=CJ-GnFI&hl=en&authkey=CJ-GnFI#gid=7

Joshua Luboda /

Well I think I found my problem. After using the link that was posted on peoples combos I started counting my sprockets. As it turns out the rear wheel was borrowed off my brothers Maxi and has a 45 on it. Going to swap on a 38 or 40 and see if that solves some of my problems. The motor is running great so it has to be one of my big problems

Joshua Luboda /

Well I put the moped back to completely stock and she runs ok again, about 22-23mph. Swapped my cracked snowflake back on just to test with the 40 sprocket on it and it made no difference from the Maxi wheel, still only goes low 20's. Ive tried so many different things, jets, everything, Im about to give up with the damn thing. Just for shits and giggles I put the techno pipe back on and sure as sh!t it slowed down again. Running out of ideas.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account