Re: circuit breaker for Tomos

Harley Landis /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I lose my headlight bulb occasionally, too. The problem on my Streetmate is that the headlight is running directly off the power circuit on the bike, not through the battery. It's not being overpowered that kills the bulb, its the "dimming" when the voltage drops at idle. The varying current eventually kills the bulb as it heats up then cools a little over and over. At high rpm, my voltage never goes over 13V, which doesn't hurt the bulb.

The best solution would be to have a larger battery, and run the headlight off that, instead of straight off the 12V (AC) circuit of the regulator. The small, stock battery would drain really quick if the lights were on when the engine isn't running. I'm thinking about modifying my battery compartment and using a regular motorcycle or ATV battery. They're double the size of the 4ah battery that's stock, but with three times the amps.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account