Honda Express: no acceleration: clutch replacement?

kevin beechinor /

It has been lacking acceleration, seems to bog, catch/accelerate a little, then bog again.

Compression is good, new 70cc cylinder/piston. Took the tranny cover off, everything looked OK (no obvious wear, metal scrapings, etc) and put it back.

Feels like it won't grab and go forward smoothly, but runs/idles great.

Haven't seen much on the forum about Honda clutch replacements or problems/fixes like this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Honda Express: no acceleration: clutch replacement? UPDATE

kevin beechinor /

It's an '82 express with the 2 speed automatic trans. Sorry.

Re: Honda Express: no acceleration: clutch replacement?

Kevin, can you give us a little more background on your bike? Is this the first time you've rode it this year? Did you just buy it? Have you moved recently? Have you done any repairs or replaced any parts lately? The reason I ask is I am wondering if your main jet is too large for your current circumstances.

Last week I rode my Express on a cold morning (about 45 degrees F) and it ran better than ever. A couple of days later I tried riding it on a hot afternoon (about 80 degrees F) and it ran like cr...... like you are describing. I decided my main jet is too large for hot weather, so I ordered some smaller sizes. Anyway, my bike is a one speed, but this could be something other than the clutch. More info would help.

Re: Honda Express: no acceleration: clutch replacement?

what kind of oil you putting in the gear case? should be 40w motor oil

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account