Tomos completely unresponsive

If your main jet is to big can it make your bike just completely unresponsive at WOT?

Re: Tomos completely unresponsive

John Joedicke /

What is big? And what else have you done to the bike? Very vague!

Put u 70cc kit on it with a19mm carb, 2mm intake , and a pipe. I went as high as 122 main jet bike ran like shit

You should be in the 80's-90's jet range.

Really also I meant to write 21 mm intake

i think the highest my tomos was jetted with a ported airsal and a ninja pipe was 100. Downjet dummy!

Also any idea what idle jet I went as low as a 38 and it still seems rich but won't run worth a shit I had like a 45 idle jet in there and was able to get it up to like 30 mph the bike is kinda all over the place

You idle at 45 is fine, but I'm sure you need to set your air mixture screw. To do that you let the bike idle and have the smaller screw all the way in, the turn it out a 1/2 turn at a time, waiting a couple seconds in between turns until you get it dialed. I usually end up around 2-3 full rotations out. Also do you have an air filter?

Really that's about what mine is doing. But I just found an air leak where my pipe meets the cylinder, reason being cause the threads in the cylinder are striped out. Some one told be its almost hopeless to tune in with a air leak. Cause the bikes all over the place. I would get the low end running good with a 45 idle jet the start down jetting the main cause I needed to and all of the sudden the whole thing is running like shit. It's like I'm pissing in the wind I'm close to going back to a stock carb or the 16mm single jet dellorto. And that would be a complete shame. I've worked on it for hours and hours on end over the last month and gotten no where.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account