Fuck this shit, man

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I spent about $600 on parts and have them all installed, and my piston decided to freeze on me. Everything I did had nothing to do with the piston, and the piston just decides to stick in the cylinder, laughing at me.

I've heard of people soaking their cylinders in Marvel Mystery oil and WD-40 and just pounding the shit out of it, but it there another way to fix a stuck piston?

Re: Fuck this shit, man

"Everything I did had nothing to do with the piston" is more like "Everything I do has everything to do with the piston"

Overpriced Parts /

What did you seize your new 80cc kit?

Im kinda new but if im semi close to correct

New intake= more air

New carb= more fuel

More air + more fuel = more pressure = more stress on piston = more heat = effects piston.

Im sure thats not fully accurate but it gets the point across

Did you replace your rings? Run too rich?

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Nope, I didn't kit it yet.

The engine is still stock

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I put on a sprocket, new bars, throttle, tubes and tires, I didn't mess with the piston at all

What jets did you put in the new carb? Did you check for vacuum leaks?

Look if the piston is above the exhause port, usually seizes in that position when they heat seize so chances are it is. If it is then to get the piston unstuck pull the motor and fill the combustion chamber with water and freeze it, thaw, top it up with water and then freeze it again, do it one last time and it should be unstuck.

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

It's definitely the piston, and I think the crank broke too. I can still pedal even though the piston isn't moving

wait, how the fuck did you spend $600 and you haven't put a kit on it? What did you buy and did you buy any jets?

^^^^ LOL

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I have a kit, but I didn;t put it on.

I bought bars, a throttle, 38T back sprocket, tires and tubes, MEAR 80cc kit(Not Installed), Dellorto 16.16 carb (Not Installed), intake(Not installed)

Slow down buddy.....

So what exactly did you do to the bike before the motor seized? Just the sprocket, bars, throttle, tubes and tires???

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Yessir.

I also shortened the chain, but it popped the first time I tried to start it, so I put it back on and it wouldn't start.

I can peddle, but when I do it sounds like a lot of fluids are moving around in the engine, but the piston is NOT moving. When I engage the clutch the peddles wont budge.

You should have to shorten the chain, thats what the chain tensioner adjustments are for.

Were you riding when it seized or did it suddenly just become stuck?

Did you try yo turn the flywheel by hand?

when ya try hard, ya die hard. buy a motorcycle!

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

It just became stuck.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

you got a lkit and its not fitted? i'd guess your about to take it apart anyways...

so take it apart n post some pics

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Tried, it doesn't move very easy.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Have you even removed the head to get a look? You're not being very descriptive but I'm guessing you hard seized.

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I took off the head and slid the jug off so I could get a look at the crank arm. The good news is It's not seized, and there's no apparent damage to the cylinder or piston. The bad news is, when I peddle the Piston is supposed to move, but it's not. When I squeeze the clutch, the peddles lock and don't move.

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

When you pedal the piston doesn't move. The piston only moves when the clutch is engaged. If your bike is locked up when you squeeze the clutch then something in broke inside the case.

i think the least it could be is the clutch bell jammed?

the most it could be is crank/ drive shaft issue?

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

Sounds like more fun to me.

SkUG SkUGosarus /

clutch worn out/broken? - take it apart - see whats going on

Michael Thomas /

What kind of motor is it? I didn't see it posted.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account