visual diagnosis???

Hey Guys...

I was cruising my ZA50 around the other day and the boot fell off like, 2-3 times radomly (never fell off this easily before) so naturally I stopped to put it back on. She starts right up and it seems I have good spark. When I give it throttle is when the problems begin. Its very jerky and feel like she's cutting off at times. If its an eletrical issue like that would I be able to see where the problem is? This has the old school points, I checked them...they seem to all be attached and look to be ok. Could it be a timing issue? thanks for the help

Re: visual diagnosis???

If the clip inside the boot is a proper tight fit to the plug then the boot will not fall off, it will probably get rid of the trouble with sketchy contact at the spark plug, as well as the misfiring troubles.

did the boot fall off the plug or the wire? make sure the wire is screwed tightly in on both sides

Overpriced Parts /

Give your boot the boot and get a new boot

Boot came off the plug itself. I tried a new boot. New plug. Still the same results. Maybe a better quality new boot will be the trick to get her fixed

For my ciao I had to strip 2-3mm off the wire before screwing in my boot otherwise I couldn't get spark. You could try that.

Shim the boot with a paperclip. For a while my engine was sputtering, then my E50 had the same problem on the side of the road, so I thought "how the hell can I fix this?" I got out a paperclip from an article I was editing and jammed that on with the boot. Clipped it when I got home. Fine for 200+ miles. Just be careful of getting zapped if you have your hands down there. -laughs-

Benny, i actually thought that. Shaved a few mm off the wire to expose more copper, same results. Alec I think I may have already tried something similar by jamming something conductive in the boot. I've been inside her already (insert that's what she said joke) and i don't have the space to get internal with this problem. Gonna wire up a new boot.completely. see how it goes Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account