Will opening transfer ports alleviate 4 stroking?

Sachs 505/1a 15mm bing 2.17 atomizer 70 jet, 15.7mm intake, stock transfers... 4 stroking at 7/8th WOT.

What I understand. The engine misfires via flooding?, causing pinging sound.

What I can do... Downjet to fix problem (but my low end rocks!)

What I want to do.... port the transfers to get more fuel in that horrid 8:1 compression ratio....

Im gonna get faster than 36 out this damn sucka without gearing.

Gonna report the exhaust figuring I can still raise it since I removed my base gasket and it is keeping it hot.

I just can't find anyone who has ported the transfers to talk a bit about it.

Re: Will opening transfer ports alleviate 4 stroking?

I am going to try to advance the timing to see if it will help lean me out in the top end.

also noting that when I increased my intake from 14mm to close to 16mm, I didnt open the exhaust ports at the same time for better exhausting. what a horrible mess that exhaust port it. need some quicksteel or something to revamp the bottom of the port wall. weird casting with raised piece.

I bet for a stock 505.1a a number 70 jet is a little high anyway.

going to replace my needle with a "1 ring" needle I had kickin around. wonder what the difference between the "1" and "2" ring needles actually are....

spark plug was brandy new, not regapped, looked a little on the open side in terms of gapping.

I hate timing shit. I hope its not timing related.

porting transfers

i am sure you can find someone who has ported a 505 cyl

tho i think carb tuning might be a little quicker and less risky.

then maybe consider doing that other stuff

If you have extra jugs go ahead and play

I got a practice one thats probably junk my luck. anyways...

took a ride downtown adjusting the needle.

The 1 ring has 4 adjustments. I have it best at notch 2 out of 4.

Runs great for only until the bike starts to peak temps.

4 stroky ::reduce throttle to clear it up:: get back on it same thing.

its a temp thing.

-To Chamfer, or not to chamfer ze piston ? ? !

12t soon.

What would you chamfer on the piston?

The exhaust side of the piston, chamfer the head of the piston to allow exhaust gases to escape more rapidly.

I have a dent in my pipe that needs addressing and my estoril is not sidebled yet.

68 jet I think is my luck number....

Now to copper spray my entire cylinder head, oh yea, im gonna do it.

JBOTs fan idea visits me in my dreams. I need a 6v fan or a cowl for better cooling.

Oh, did I mention I found my bottle for my homemade boost bottle setup.....

K, don't forget to put a new carb cap gasket...

bike needs bigger exhaust ports. Gonna have to disassemble and port it some more. needs to get some quick steel or something to fill the port wall properly.

this bike I bet is gonna hit 42mph after I gear it and re-port it.

I found that instead of downjetting, I switched from the 2.17 atomizer to the 2.12 atomizer, I can raise my needle another 2 notches and the four stroking has gone away 95%. After I open the exhaust more, I have confidence that the 70 jet might be closer than I presumed.

on a downside, I lost low end switching to the smaller atomizer. mid to high seemed great, still topping off at 36.5mph. needle bounces alot. downjetting would be the better option, getting as much low end back as possible and being able to use the full capability of the needle at the same time. 68, 69 jets coming. along with 12 t.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account