Tomos LX wont start...after being started?

Hi,

I have an 09' Tomos LX with 300 miles that's having some starting troubles. If I let the moped sit for a while (about a day), the moped will start right up. I'll drive around for a while and it drives fine and idles well.

Then when I turn it off and go to start it again...no luck. It wont turn over. If I wait another day (could be shorter) it will then start up again no problem.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

One other note. The gas in the tank is a little old (9 months).

Any help is appreciated!!

Alex

Re: Tomos LX wont start...after being started?

maybe it is your old gas. could be hydrated and just fouling the plug til it dries off. maybe it's the action of shutting it off that fouls it too

when you kill your running motor, you're cutting off spark so it's is still drawing in fuel, just not combusting it, so maybe that is what's wet fouling your plug, then you wait a day and it dries?

try new gas, also try a new plug when it won't start

Alex, Will D is a nice guy but his response is not good

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Alex, Will D is a nice guy but his response is not good. Your moped should restart immediately and easily after being turned off. You say your engine won't "turn over." Does this mean the electric start won't crank the engine, or that the engine cranks but doesn't fire?

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

question mark

So I took out the old gas and put in new gas. It seemed to have solved the problem for a short bit. I say short bit because I went for a longer ride today and now I'm stuck in another city because it wont start again...

I'm going to buy a new spark plug and try that.

When I kick start it, it won't fire.

Sorry for my slow reply...

Time to find a friend with a truck to drive me home....

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

Make sure your switch is on. Make sure you don't choke it when the engine is warm.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account