103 crankshaft replacement

So I'm about to open this thing up and replace the crankshaft. Does anyone have any tips or tricks I should know.

Thanks,

Brent Braun

Re: 103 crankshaft replacement

Just started taking this apart. Got all the screws loose but can't get the crankcase to split. There seem to be 3 little pry slots but no matter how hard I try I can't get the case to split. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks

Brent Braun

i guess it's of no importance why you're splitting / replacing the crank now.

heat is your ally, reading up before you pry, gouge, and destroy is smart.

one of the case bolts takes a different torque then the others, forewarned.

all this is available in the manual.

*sigh*

"just picked up a 103 and the crankshaft is stripped out not sure I want to tear into it to replace it."

Glenn maybe I missed something in the manual but under splitting the crankcase it says. Take it to a moped mechanic???

I bought this thing wanting to learn how to work on and fix it not to pay someone else to do the work. Thanks for your help.

Is there anyone out there who has actually split a case on a 103 that can provide some tips.

Thanks,

Brent Braun

heat the cases to 350F in the oven, hold the case, tap the crank on the ground, case should slide down off the crank

please

That was more helpful than the goose chase and said in less words. This place is a damn good resource when you can get through all the "what the fuck are you dumb" bullshit.

Thanks for the help,

something you may of missed in all the "WTF"

personal experience in torque (edited)

manual, page 35 says <200F to reinstall bearings.

prob. only need 250f to 300f to remove, no hurting the old crank, getting new seals too i hope.

sorry if i linked the wrong manual.

No problems I've learned a lot here and appreciate all the help.

I also understand that being a newby I have to take a certain amount of shit. I have read the Wiki for hours and always try to use the search function before just asking for help.

Truth is opening the case has me scared shitless but I'm sure I'll be able to work through it.

Thanks for the link to the Dealer shop manual it has tons more info than the other one which I had read. I printed a copy and will be studying it.

Worked like a charm. Not only did the case just fall apart but I was able to cook a pizza at the same time. Granted the pizza tasted a bit strange.

Now I just need to wait till my Treats show up and start rebuilding.

I will read the section in the shop manual on rebuilding but again if anyone has any tips or tricks. Please share them.

Thanks,

oh no, you didn't use the oven , did you?

part of my problem is you were just looking at peugeot.

it's a moped, steal someone elses methods.

So splitting this case and rebuilding this thing is killin me. Busted the rings trying to get the head back on and currently treats and 77 are out of stock on rings.

I know that 77 rebuilds engines is there anyone else out there I can ship this thing to and have it rebuilt?

Thanks,

sorry, i feel your pain.

a lot of people on the army may offer, please choose wisely.

i search "show all posts by user" to get an idea of what they've worked on, and what they are into.

no, i don't have any recommendations.

why not '77. you get what you pay for there.

Glenn 77 maybe the way to go, but I was hoping for a faster turn around time or maybe even someone local to Louisville KY.

Thanks,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account